May 22, 2020
The Bojangles' Entertainment Complex, including the box office, will be closed until further notice. The following events have been postponed, canceled or suspended at this time.
- Charlotte Checkers hockey games (suspended)
- Sesame Street Live! Make Your Magic (canceled)
- Gabriel Iglesias (rescheduled - October 10-11 2020)
- Winter Jam 2020 (canceled)
- The Color Purple (canceled)
- Salute to Heroes Hockey (postponed - new date TBD)
- MasterChef Junior Live! (rescheduled for October 22, 2020)
- Whose Live Anyway (postponed - new date TBD)
- Franco Escamilla (rescheduled for October 30, 2020)
- 70's Soul Jam (canceled)
- Brit Floyd (rescheduled for August 22, 2021)
- Blue Man Group (rescheduled for May 2021 at Belk Theater)
- Anastasia (canceled)
- Juanes (postponed - new date TBD)
- Theresa Caputo Live! (rescheduled for November 9, 2020)
- Bert Kreischer (rescheduled for August 30, 2020)
- Gilberto Santa Rosa (rescheduled for November 15, 2020)
- The Reunion Concert with No Limit Soldiers & Three 6 Mafia (Rescheduled for October 3, 2020)
- Trolls (rescheduled for October 23-25 2020)
- The Masked Singer (rescheduled for 6/26/2021)
For canceled events, full refunds for all ticket holders can be obtained at the point of purchase. Tickets purchased online through Ticketmaster will be refunded automatically. Tickets purchased in-person at the box office must be returned to the point of purchase to obtain a refund.
For postponed events, tickets for the original performance dates will be valid for the newly rescheduled dates. Ticket holders will be notified when new event dates have been confirmed.
What You Need to Know
N.C. Governor Roy Cooper announced that beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 22, North Carolina’s “Stay at Home Order” will be lifted, shifting to a “Safer at Home” recommendation, a gradual and cautious step with modifications to boost our economy while keeping important safety restrictions in place.
During this “Phase 2” of reopening, restaurants can open for on-premise dining at 50 percent capacity with six feet distance between each group of customers. Certain businesses such as bars, nightclubs, gyms, indoor entertainment venues, playgrounds, etc., will remain closed. Mass gatherings are limited to 10 people indoors or 25 people outdoors and face coverings will still be recommended when physical distancing is not possible. View the list of FAQs about Phase 2.
Phase 2 is set to expire on June 26, but officials will monitor the situation and make a change if any defined marks are not hit.
Our organization has an internal task force closely monitoring recommendations and actions coming from the local, state and federal levels regarding stay at home orders and possible return to workplace scenarios. Team members on this committee are leading the efforts in developing return-to-workplace protocols and safety guidelines to address operational processes and human contact health risk mitigations.
Who to Follow
In an effort to gather all the COVID-19 related information from a wide range of state agencies, North Carolina has launched a new COVID-19 web portal at nc.gov/covid19.
- N.C. Division of Public Health (NCDPH) on Twitter
- Call the NCDPH Helpline toll free at 1-888-892-1162 or get updates by texting COVIDNC to 898211
- Mecklenburg County (NC) Public Health (MCPH) department’s webpage for updates
- The City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County on Twitter
In an effort to gather all the COVID-19 related information from a wide range of state agencies, North Carolina has launched a new COVID-19 web portal at nc,gov/covid19.
You Can Help
Governor Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina restaurants and bars must close except for takeout and delivery orders. The executive order went into effect at 5 p.m. on March 17, 2020. Help support Charlotte businesses during these challenging times. Learn more at charlottesgotalot.com.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg is coming together in a unified response to the COVID-19 Crisis under the leadership of the Department of Emergency Management. Those interested in volunteer opportunities can call the volunteer hotline at either (704) 432-4127 or (704) 432-4187. Learn more about volunteer and giving opportunities at https://charmeckresponds.org/.