April 1, 2020
The Bojangles' Entertainment Complex, including the box office, will be closed until further notice. The following events have been postponed, canceled or suspended at this time.
- Charlotte Checkers hockey games (suspended)
- Sesame Street Live! Make Your Magic (canceled)
- Gabriel Iglesias (Rescheduled - October 10-11 2020)
- Winter Jam 2020 (canceled)
- The Color Purple (canceled)
- Salute to Heroes Hockey (postponed - new date TBD)
- MasterChef Junior Live! (rescheduled for October 22, 2020)
- Whose Live Anyway (postponed - new date TBD)
- Franco Escamilla (rescheduled for October 30, 2020)
- 70's Soul Jam (canceled)
- Brit Floyd (postponed - new date TBD)
- Blue Man Group (postponed - new dates TBD)
- Theresa Caputo Live! (rescheduled for November 9, 2020)
- Bert Kreischer (rescheduled for August 30, 2020)
- Gilberto Santa Rosa (rescheduled for November 15, 2020)
- The Reunion Concert with No Limit Soldiers & Three 6 Mafia (Rescheduled for October 3, 2020)
For canceled events, full refunds for all ticket holders can be obtained at the point of purchase. Tickets purchased online through Ticketmaster will be refunded automatically. Tickets purchased in-person at the box office must be returned to the point of purchase to obtain a refund.
For postponed events, tickets for the original performance dates will be valid for the newly rescheduled dates. Ticket holders will be notified when new event dates have been confirmed.
What You Need to Know
A statewide Stay-at-Home-Order has been issued by Governor Roy Cooper, which began March 30 at 5 p.m. and remains in effect through April 29. The Order reduces the size of gatherings to 10 people.
The COVID-19 outbreak has been accompanied by a global flood of misinformation from unreliable sources. Get up-to-date information directly from trusted sources like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Situation Summary webpage.
Who to Follow
- N.C. Division of Public Health (NCDPH) on the web or Twitter
- Call the NCDPH Helpline toll free at 1-888-892-1162 or get updates by texting COVIDNC to 898211
- Mecklenburg County (NC) Public Health (MCPH) department’s webpage for updates
- Call the MCPH information line at 1-980-314-9400 with questions
- The City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County on Twitter
You Can Help
Governor Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina restaurants and bars must close except for takeout and delivery orders. The executive order went into effect at 5 p.m. on March 17, 2020. Help support Charlotte businesses during these challenging times. Learn more at charlottesgotalot.com.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg is coming together in a unified response to the COVID-19 Crisis under the leadership of the Department of Emergency Management. Those interested in volunteer opportunities can call the volunteer hotline at either (704) 432-4127 or (704) 432-4187. Learn more about volunteer and giving opportunities at https://charmeckresponds.org/.