YOUR A-Z GUIDE TO THE BOPLEX
Policies & FAQs
Get answers to your frequently asked questions and learn about Bojangles’ Entertainment Complex policies.
Bojangles' Entertainment Complex
2700 East Independence Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28205
For most events at the Bojangles' Entertainment Complex, alcoholic beverages are available for purchase. Guests must be at least 21 years old to purchase alcohol. All alcohol sales require a photo ID as proof of age.
In North Carolina, there are four acceptable forms of identification that can be used to buy alcoholic beverages:
- Current driver’s license from any state in the United States
- Current U.S. military identification card
- Current North Carolina identification card
- Current official passport issued by any nation
Guests are not permitted to bring in alcoholic beverages from outside and may not leave with alcohol purchased inside of the BOplex. Management reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any guest.
Guests are encouraged to consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
Although we love animals as much as you do, only service animals are permitted inside of the Bojangles' Entertainment Complex.
“Service animal” is defined as a dog (or, subject to certain limitations, a miniature horse) that has been trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. Comfort or emotional support animals are not considered service animals. The patron is responsible for the care and control of the animal. Service animals must be on a harness, leash or other tether. A ticket is not required for a service animal. If the service animal becomes unruly or is not properly housebroken, the handler may be asked to remove it from the premises and participate in the event without its use.
Bags and backpacks should be smaller than 14" x 14" x 6". Diaper bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6" will be permitted. All bags are subject to search upon entry into Bojangles' Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium.
Video cameras, audio recorders and professional cameras with removable lens are prohibited at the Bojangles' Entertainment Complex. Some events allow fans to take pictures without flash (on their phone or small handheld camera without a removable lens), but many do not. Please refer to the pre-show email you receive the day before your event for specific details.
If you bring your camera and the event does not allow it inside, you must return it to your vehicle. Call our customer service team at (704) 372-3600 for the camera policy on a particular event.
The Bojangles' Entertainment Complex was designed for fans of all ages. Unless otherwise noted, children who have reached their 2nd birthday must have a ticket to enter the BOplex. Any child under the age of 2 years admitted without a ticket must share a seat with an accompanying adult.
Some shows do require tickets for infants under 2 years of age, however. Please confirm with the box office before purchasing.
Diaper bags are permitted, but are subject to search upon entry into our venues.
Strollers are not permitted inside the event venues. Guests are advised to leave strollers at home or in their vehicle.
Booster seats are available at no charge at both Bojangles' Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium on a first come, first-served basis.
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) works to deliver
experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of Charlotte visitors and
residents. Brands supported by the CRVA are the Bojangles' Entertainment Complex, Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Visit Charlotte with the region’s destination marketing brand.
Being employed with CRVA is not only exciting, it is an opportunity to work with professionals that work in many different aspects throughout the organization, including administration, sales and marketing, food service, temporary event staff and so much more.
The Bojangles' Entertainment Complex doors usually open at least one hour prior to the event. The parking lots typically open two hours prior to the event. Please check your event information for VIP entry times.
There is an $8 charge for parking in the BOplex parking lots. There is no re-entry upon exit.
Licensed First Aid Technicians/EMT’s are on staff and located in designated First Aid stations for all public events. If you need First Aid assistance, contact the nearest usher, security guard or police officer. In the event of an emergency, please follow the directions of emergency personnel and staff.
Courteous staff are available to assist you with any questions, problems, suggestions or needs you may have. If you have lost something, please let one of our Bojangles' Entertainment Complex event staff know. You can also check for lost items by calling (704) 372-3600 (9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday).
Lost tickets can only be replaced if requested by the account holder of record. Tickets will only be reissued to the account holder of record at the discretion of Bojangles' Entertainment Complex management to be picked up the day of the event at Will Call. Under no circumstances will the newly reissued tickets be sent to the account holder. We also can not reprint third party tickets.
Outside food and beverages, including bottled waters, are not permitted inside the BOplex venues unless due to a medical or dietary necessity or for infant dietary needs. Bojangles' Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium offer several concessions options for guests.
Overnight parking is prohibited in the Bojangles' Entertainment Complex parking lot. Vehicles left overnight will be towed at the owner's expense.
To ensure that all guests have a safe and enjoyable visit to the Bojangles' Entertainment Complex, the following items are not permitted inside our venues:
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Audio equipment
- Bags and backpacks larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
- Camera bags
- Camera lenses longer than 3 inches
- Digital cameras with video capabilities
- Explosives and fireworks
- Glass or metal containers
- Horns and whistles
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers
- Outside food or beverage
- Packages, parcels or items where the contents of which cannot be displayed
- Pets, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
- Selfie sticks
- Video Cameras
- Weapons of any kind and size, including guns, knives, scissors and those carried with a permit
- Any masks must be removed during the Security process and for I.D. verification.
- Face paint cannot be so extreme where Venue Staff/Security are not able to verify I.D.
- Chain wallets, no heavy or spiked jewelry.
- Fake/costume weapons.
- Glow sticks, laser pointers or air horns.
- No smoking is permitted on the grounds or in the building. Click here for more information on the Mecklenburg County policy.
*Additional items may be added to the prohibited list at any time, without notice, and is at the sole discretion of Venue, Security and Tour Management.
All patrons are subject to search. Management reserves the right to prohibit any items that pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other guests. Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or discarded.
Unlawful items that are discovered during security inspections are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of those items may be denied entrance into the BOplex and is subject to arrest. Any prohibited item discovered inside a venue is subject to confiscation.
The Bojangles' Entertainment Complex strives to provide all of our guests with an enjoyable experience by offering services to assist with various needs and abilities. Our facility is equipped with various features and amenities that we hope will create an environment that is welcoming for all.
The BOplex encourages those needing to purchase tickets in accessible seating areas to do so as far in advance as possible. One accessible seat and up to three companion seats can be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bojangles' Coliseum wheelchair accessible seating is available in sections 106, 108, 110, 121 and 123 with a selection of sight lines and prices.
- Ovens Auditorium has 23 designated wheelchair accessible seating that is only available on the Orchestra level. They are available in the following locations: Orchestra Center (Row A, Row R), Orchestra Center Right (Row A, Row FF), Orchestra Center Left (Row A, Row FF), Orchestra Right (Row D, Row K), and Orchestra Left (Row C, Row K, Row N). Additional ADA seating is available in the balcony but can only be accessed via staircase.
Every effort will be made on the day of an event to accommodate those needing accessible seats but purchased a ticket for a conventional seat but all such exchanges are based on availability.
If you have questions or would like to receive additional information regarding the accessibility of our facility and resources, please contact us at the Box Office for more information.
Signs, banners and and flags (national flags not included) must be sports or event related and be in good taste. They are allowed at the Bojangles' Entertainment Complex if they meet the following requirements:
- Small enough for one person to hold and no larger than 24" x 24"
- Do not block the view of other guests
- Constructed of poster board, vinyl, cloth or other lightweight materials
- Not affixed, in any form, to the coliseum or auditorium
- Do not block static or electronic signage of the venue
- Not attached to poles or sticks
- No commercial messages, logos or political endorsements
- No offensive or obscene language
- No graphic depictions or depictions that would offend or embarrass other guests
BOplex management reserves the right to remove any and all signs, banners or flags not in compliance with signs, banners and flag policy or which, in their sole judgment, may be offensive to others or continue to obstruct the view of others.
Bojangles' Entertainment Complex is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the venue including the parking lot, lobby and seating areas. The smoke-free policy is highly enforced and prohibits the use of smoking products such as cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, vape pens and pipes. If found in the building, the items will be confiscated. BOplex staff is not be responsible for holding any smoking products or prohibited items.
Tailgating is permitted inside the BOplex parking lots as long as guests adhere to Charlotte Fire Department rules and regulations. Tailgating will only be permitted during parking lot operating hours. Parking lots open two hours prior to an event.
Tailgating activities can create special risks to public safety due to the use of multiple open-flame cooking devices in close proximity to people, vehicles, buildings, structures and flammable materials. Follow these guidelines if you’re planning to tailgate:
- A minimum clearance of 10 feet shall be maintained between any open-flame cooking device and dry vegetation, combustible materials, trash dumpsters or receptacles, or in close proximity to anything that can create a fire hazard.
- Any parking area or lot being used for parking and tailgating activities shall be provided with metal containers for the safe disposal of coals, cinders or hot ashes. Containers shall be clearly labeled “For Coal and Ash Disposal Only.” Any other trash receptacle or container shall not be used for such purpose.
- Every effort shall be made to ensure that any coals or cinders are extinguished prior to disposal.
- Open-flame cooking devices shall be attended at all times and shall not be used in parking decks or in any manner that will impede pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
- Any other type of outdoor burning or open fire, which is not part of a cooking device, is strictly prohibited.
Both the Bojangles' Coliseum and the Ovens Auditorium are Ticketmaster venues. Tickets can be purchased on Ticketmaster.com or in-person at the box office, located at the Bojangles' Coliseum entrance. We accept cash, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
Will Call tickets from Ticketmaster purchases can be picked up at the box office of the venue where the event will take place. The Bojangles' Entertainment Complex box office is open Monday–Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Summer hours are Monday–Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Hours are extended on the day of the show from 10 a.m. to showtime. For events that fall on a Saturday or Sunday, Will Call tickets may be picked up from 10 a.m. to the showtime.
Seating Charts at the BOplex
View the seating charts at Bojangles' Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium to make sure you're next to the action.Seating Charts
Purchase tickets for Ovens Auditorium and Bojangles' Coliseum events at ticketmaster.com or with the Ticketmaster mobile app. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the box office located at Bojangles' Coliseum.
Tickets are required for everyone age two (2) years or older. Some shows require tickets for infants. You can confirm the age requirement for a show by calling (704) 335-3100.
2700 East Independence Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28205
|Mon — Fri||10am — 2pm|
|Mon — Sun (event days)||10am — showtime|